January 24, 2010

The Earth's Greatest Album Covers. Ever!!!!!! - Toe Fat

"Maggie, Maggie you cunt."


Take a minute and really drink this one in. This masterpiece is the work of British design team "Hipgnosis". If you aren't familiar with their name, you've no doubt, seen their work for Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon", Zeppelin ("Houses of the Holy") AC/DC ("Dirty Deeds") and T.Rex ("Electric Warrior".
This cover, from the debut album by the British blues rock band that decided to call themselves "Toe Fat," just makes all of those look like a pile of shit by comparison.
What strange  combination of chemicals was ingested to cause this?
To this day the only image that springs to mind when I think of the name Toe Fat (and believe me, I think of it often) is this disturbing image of nude people with big-toe heads chillin' by the shore. It has forever burned itself into my subconscious. Thank you, Hipgnosis, for ruining my life.